Governor Mike Huckabee hosted a blogger conference call this morning, and some of us were able to talk to him and ask questions. Some of what was discussed during the call follows (in no particular order):
1. The Governor deeply appreciates the work of the bloggers, as we are a main reason he has been able to perform so well throughout the nation with limited resources.
2. There are over 400 blogs for Huckabee (which means I account for less than .0025% of the Huckabee blogosphere. hmm...).
3. www.techpresident.com has an article entitled "Mike Huckabee is Running the Best Web Campaign" (viewable on Mike's blog: www.mikehuckabee.com) that discusses how Mike Huckabee's site is being more effectively used than his opponents', and is getting more traffic than Hillary's or Obama's.
4. Huckabee is tied for 2nd nationally in the Rasmussen daily tracking poll (as of 11/21).
5. The current tax burden (considering ALL current taxes, presumably: income, sales, etc.) for the average American is 33%; by implementing the FairTax (fairtax.org), Mike proposes to reduce that load to 23%.
6. Information on the Fairtax is available at fairtax.org, as well as in book form: The Fairtax Book: Saying Goodbye to the Income Tax and the IRS and Fairtax: The Truth: Answering the Critics, both co-authored by Boortz and Linder.
7. After the famed Huck and Chuck ad came out, the Huckabee website was inundated with traffic. During this cyber deluge, hackers tried to get into the site. But the firewalls held. The site was saved.
8. While governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee supported permitting high school students (who had been in the public school system for at least four years, had high marks, and were in the process of applying for citizenship) to receive scholarship money. Contrary to his critics' claims, however, this in no way affected available funds for citizen students--THERE WAS NO LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS THAT COULD BE AWARDED at the time. In the end, the bill was proposed, but not passed.
9. Team Huckabee is taking measures to ensure that the official website is ready for the huge number of contributions that will likely follow a victory in Iowa on January 3.
10. Fred Thompson issued SIX NEGATIVE PRESS RELEASES against Mike before 10 AM, yesterday morning. "Amazing," Mike observed, as this is the most energy we've seen out of the Thompson campaign since it started. =)